Sunday, June 27, 2004

Hybrid car from Hyundai in 2005

Hyundai Motor Co. plans to introduce its first hybrid car in 2005. It would be a hybrid version of Verna sub-compact car and would be only available late next year. Hyundai would be investing around 1 trillion won to make a production line for gas-electric hybrid car by 2009. It aims to make 10,000 hybrid cars anually.

Hyundai claims that the hybrid car would reduce the fuel consumption by 15-20%. They plan to produce trial hybrid models by year end and would get response from users. Hyundai would also be increasing human resources in R&D to 10,000 from the current 6,200 people.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always loved the Hyundai vehicles and am very excited to hear they will be making a hybrid car.....WOW this will be the greatest thing for me because I will be looking for a new Hyundai in two years......Just in time for me to buy!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We now own 2 Hyundais, a 2003 Sante Fe and a 2003 Elantra.
If they need someone to test these new Hybrid Cars I'd be willing to offer my services.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment