Wednesday, May 26, 2004

2007 Chevrolet Equinox hybrid car, 2007 Malibu sedan future hybrid cars

2007 Chevrolet Equinox hybrid car

As on GM website here


The 2007 model for Chevrolet Equinox would be using VTi variable transmission in Ecotec four-cylinder engine. The VTi along with electric motor would increase the fuel economy for the car to as much as 15%. During deceleration or when engine is idle the belt alterator starter system will shut the engine with the use of battery power. At the time of starting the battery power would restart the vehicle very fast without any extra emission.

The fuel efficiency would further improve by the use of continuously variable transmission and charging the battery while braking.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see hybrid in a decent-sized family-with-dogs vehicle. All other hybrids seem too small for many families I know to actually use w. pets or to go camping w. their gear. I was going to buy a new car this year but knowing that this is coming, I will try to make my current vehicle last a bit longer; hopefully the Equinox comes out soon!!!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see the American car companies finally getting on the hybrid bandwagon. (I've been wanting to buy a hybrid but don't want to buy one from a foreign company - yes, I know many Nissans, Hondas, Toyotas, etc. are made in the USA and Canada, it's just my preferencer to buy cars that are both made in the US/Canada and made by American companies.) The market for hybrids is going to grow enormously and, within ten years, most people will be driving hybrids. Ford & GM need to heavily publicize and incentivize their hybrids or else they will lose far more market share in north America than they already are... But the 15% fuel-economy improvement mentioned in the above article is pathetically inadequate. We need "full" hybrids that increase mileage by a much greater percentage. For instance, the new 2005 Ford Escape hybrid gets 35-38 mpg compared to 25 mpg for the conventional Escape SUV -- which is more than a 40% increase in fuel economy.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the style of this new 2007 Malibu Sedan future Hybrid car. I'm totally buying one! I will drive around Bel-air and everyone will see my new car and want to get one.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment